Our MissionThe Lake City Junior Academy family exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve.
It is the vision of Lake City Junior Academy to raise the next generation of Daniels.
- In the old testament of the Bible, Daniel represented the best of the best, “young without any physical defect, handsome, showing aptitude for every kind of learning, well informed, quick to understand, and qualified to serve.” - Daniel 1:4
- Daniel was healthy, “resolved not to defile himself.” - Daniel 1:8.
- Daniel was wise, “God gave knowledge and understanding of all kinds of literature and learning.” - Daniel 1:17
- Daniel was faithful, “trusted in him and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.” - Daniel 3:28
- Daniel was a leader, “Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.” - Daniel 6:3
- Daniel was multicultural. Diversity between ethnic cultures as well as Christian-to-Non Christian cultures were promoted and accepted.
Lake City Junior Academy is accredited for Preschool through 10th grade by the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, which is recognized by the Northwest Association of Accredited Schools, the National Council for Private School Accreditation, and the State of Idaho. In addition, K-10 teachers are fully credentialed and our Early Childhood program is state certified.Lake City Junior Academy is owned by the Upper Columbia Conference of Seventh-day Adventists and is operated by the area constituent Adventist Churches under the auspices and in harmony with the policies of its owners. The School Board is comprised of representatives from these churches and meets regularly to review operation and to formulate plans for the continued pursuit of excellence in Adventist Christian education.