Brief History of LCJA:
In 1909, a back room of the newly constructed church at 5th Street and Maple became the first school for Seventh-day Adventist Christian education in Coeur d’Alene. Later, a one-room school building was built behind the church and used until 1927, when a new church was built on 4th and Miller, and for 10 years the old church was used as the school.
In 1937, a two-story school building was put up on the corner of 6th St. and Walnut Ave. A Quonset hut was moved onto an adjoining lot in 1951 and served as an auditorium and gymnasium. In 1958, the four-room Lake City Junior Academy was built at 111 E. Locust Avenue, with the gym being added in 1963.
In 1977, more classrooms were added to accommodate the increasing number of students. Future plans call for the construction of a new facility on the prairie!